Meet our Pastor
The Ministry of Senior Pastor Damion M. Briggs
The doctrine that guides Pastor Briggs’ ministry is “Live a life that is holy and acceptable unto God.” He believes that the best example of a true relationship with God is a life that is lived with obedience to God’s Word and with love towards mankind.
Below are highlights of the great works that God has and is still doing through the ministry of Pastor Damion M. Briggs. These extraordinary accomplishments serve as living proof of the anointing that God has placed on his life in ministry.
- Received and accepted his calling from God in 1990 and was ordained as a minister of the Gospel in 1998 at Second New Saint Paul Baptist Church (SNSP) under the leadership of the late Reverend Dr. Edgar L. Williams, Sr.
- Served as Youth Church Minister, Sunday School Teacher, Bible Institute Instructor and, Trustee Instructor during his tenure at SNSP
- Selected as Pastor of Eastern Community Church (ECC) in November 2001 from among fourteen applicants
- Led the congregation from a small 1,658 SF building located in Brentwood, Maryland to its current 8,516 SF new church home located in Landover, MD
- Initiated a 7:30 AM Early Morning Service to reach out to the community, the unchurched, and those desiring to attend an early service when circumstances prevent attendance at a later service
- Experienced an astounding growth in church membership under his pastoral leadership, with membership quadrupling in size within the first three years of his ministry
- Established many different ministries to help promote Christian growth and to provide community outreach
- Recognized as the “Best and Most Focused Community Outreach on a Consistent Basis” by Blessed and Highly Favoured Ministry and Magazine in November 2004
- Selected by the Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Committee, Inc. to receive the 2007 Dream Keepers Award in recognition of his community service work. The Award was presented at the Historic Lincoln Theater in Washington, D.C.
- Performed missionary work in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and continue to do annual missionary work in St. Kitts and Nevis
- Oversaw the recording of the National Capitol Baptist Convention (NCBC) “Reaching the World for Jesus” music CD
- Served as 3rd Vice President of the National Capitol Baptist Convention (NCBC), and currently serving as 2nd Vice President of NCBC. Serves on the Evangelism Advisory Board for the National Baptist Convention USA, Inc.
- Embraced the use of technology and social media in helping to carry forth the mission of the church by reaching those beyond the walls of Eastern Community Church (ECC)
- Accepted a Citation for Eastern Community Church from the Maryland 47th Legislative District in recognition of the church’s 2016 Annual Unity in the Community event. Presenters included Senator Victor Ramirez, Delegate Diana Fennell, Delegate Jimmy Tarlau, and Council Member Andrea Harrison - District 5
- Honored at WYCB Radio and Praise 104.1 Annual Prayer Breakfast in March 2017 for his ministry being a vital part of the community
- Married to Dr. Selena E. Briggs
Copyright © 2006 Eastern Community Church, 8213 Manson Street, Landover, MD 20785. All rights reserved.